Caring for your feet at home
One of the most important things you can do for yourself is care for your feet. Your feet are always there for you. They are the last thing you put to bed at night and the first things you use in the morning. They will walk miles for you before they complain and keep going, even when you think you can’t take another step. Yet they are often the most neglected part of our body. Check out our daily foot care tips that are easy to perform at home. If you have any problems with your feet, make sure you have a regular foot health check up with a Podiatrist, Chiropodist or Foot Healthcare Professional.
- Wash your feet every day with a mild soap and always dry them well.
- Pay particular attention to between your toes (use a hair dryer on a low heat if reaching your toes is difficult).
- Apply a suitable Podoexpert foam cream after washing and reapply at bedtime.
- Wear different shoes each day, to allow them to dry out properly.
- After each wear, sanitise your shoes with Podoexpert Shoe and Foot Deodorant.
- Purchase new footwear at the end of the day, when your feet are at their largest, to ensure the best fit.
- Footwear should fit well from the start. ‘Breaking in shoes’ is a bad idea and can lead to friction zones where corns can develop.
- Women should try to take a nail polish holiday occasionally as the chemicals in the lacquer can have a negative effect on the nail plate.
Always check with your foot healthcare provider if you experience any persistent foot problems or changes to a toenail.
Useful links to find professional foot care near you: